Technologies within the DryFiciency project aim to achieve usable process temperatures of 80-150ºC which is applicable in several industrial sectors. In line with the EU 2030 Climate and Energy Targets and the Energy Efficiency Directive (2012/27/EU), DryFiciency will reduce the CO₂ emission by 40% and increase the energy efficiency in energy-intensive industrial processes. Furthermore, DryFiciency will support industry in complying with the new F-Gas Regulation limiting the total amount of fluorinated gases sold (e.g. for heating & cooling systems) and phasing them to 2030.
In a nutshell, DryFiciency´s Key Performance Targets are:
- To improve energy efficiency by up to 80%,
- To reduce production cost by up to 20%/kg,
- To reduce
CO₂ emissions by 57 – 73%,
- To validate the individual components and their integration within a fully functional industrial heat pump system in industrially relevant environments,
- To achieve the targeted energy savings leading to an acceptable high return on investment (ROI) for industry,
- To establish business models, appropriate IP protection and exploitation plans to ensure post project rollout of the integrated technological solution.