Key performance targets of DryFiciency
The novel heat pump technologies developed and demonstrated within the DryFiciency project aim to achieve usable process temperatures of 80 to 150ºC which is of relevance for several industrial sectors such as e.g. paper, textile, or food processing industry. In line with the EU 2030 Climate and Energy Targets and the Energy Efficiency Directive (2012/27/EU), DryFiciency aims to reduce CO₂ emission by up to 40% and increase the energy efficiency in energy-intensive industrial processes. Furthermore, DryFiciency aims to support the industry in complying with the new F-Gas Regulation limiting the total amount of fluorinated gases sold (e.g. for heating & cooling systems) and phasing them out to 2030.
In a nutshell, DryFiciency´s Key Performance Targets are:
1. To improve energy efficiency by up to 80%,
2. To reduce production cost by up to 20%/kg,
3. To reduce CO₂ emissions by 57 up to 73%,
4. To validate the individual components and their integration within a fully functional industrial heat pump system in industrially relevant environments,
5. To achieve the targeted energy savings leading to an acceptable high return on investment (ROI) for industry,
6. To establish business models, appropriate IP protection and exploitation plans to ensure post project rollout of the integrated technological solution.